Tuesday 28 October 2014

Egg charms for the house



I like eggs, I like everything about eggs, I will eat eggs cooked every way possible, I like how they come in little self contained packages, I like how you can use the shells for candle moulds,  I like the feel of eggshell, I like that they are good for the gardening and keep slugs off plants, I am always looking for magic to do with eggs. So when someone on the forum suggested making home protection charms with them I perked up my ears.

The basic instructions were to take an egg, blow out the insides, put protective symbols on the shell and fill with protective herbs. I turned this over in my head for a bit and thought, why not have all purpose house charms for protection, creativity, love, friendship happines and other good things you want to find in a healthy home? so I painted runes on the side in apropriate magical corresponding colours  and mixed and filled the eggs with appropriate herbs


The runes used were:
  • Othala - signifying home and a way of letting my ancestors know they are welcome here- Brown paint was used for this to signify grounding and stability
  • Fehu- for prosperity, abundance. Green paint was used to signify abundance,
  • Wunjo -for joy and happiness, friendship, harmony, hope -This was yellow for happiness
  • Algiz - For protection , shielding, safety, shelter -Black for protection
  • Berkano -creativity, personal growth, fruition, renewal, arousal -this was painted with an all purpose white
Herbs used were:

  • garlic and salt for protection
  • Rosemary-purification, health
  • Parsley -Balance (this is a personal correspondence)
  • Nutmeg - prosperity, comfort (comfort is a personal correspondence)
  • Basil - Protection, indulgence (personal correspondance)
  • Bay Leaf - good fortune, "seasoning" the home
  • Rose petals, red for sexual love and yellow for friendship
  • Coriander, love of home (semi personal correspondence), peace
  • Thyme- courage,
Currently they are sitting on Brighids altar and i will move them to Morrigans altar and then my ancestor altar so they have the blessing and strength of all three

I have five of these so and going to hang them by the front, door, the back door, each of our bedrooms and my work room

No comments:

Post a Comment